Great Tyndallwoods Bake Off – 24th August
Let’s have a Bake Off.
On Wednesday 24th August, the Tyndallwoods team will celebrate the start of the new series of The Great British Bake Off.
We have given Martin the onerous task of choosing the winner!
The death of a parent or a child brings a grief that is particularly intense and long lasting. Edward’s Trust aims to offer holistic bereavement care. The main focus of their supportive care is their direct one to one work with children and adults who are living with grief and sadness following the death of a parent or child.
For more information about the Trust click here.
To join in contact us!!!
Here’s one of our Tyndallwoods Recipes:
For the lemon drizzle cake:
- 1½ large eggs
- 87.5g (3 oz) self-raising flour
- 87.5g (3 oz) caster sugar
- 87.5g (3 oz) softened butter
- ¾ level tsp baking powder
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
For the crunchy lemon icing:
- 50g (2 oz) granulated sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
You’ll also need:
450g (1lb) loaf tin, greased and lined
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas 4.
- Beat together the eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter, baking powder and lemon zest until smooth in a large mixing bowl and turn into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35 mins, or until golden brown, shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch.
- While the cake is still warm, make the lemon drizzle topping. Mix together the sugar and lemon juice, and pour over the warm cake.
- Leave to cool a little and loosen the sides of the cake, then lift the cake out of the tin.
Mary Berry’s Recipe