Institute of Fundraising West Midlands Annual Conference’s “Meet the Donor” panel
It was my pleasure to accept the invitation to take part in the Institute of Fundraising West Midlands Annual Conference’s “Meet the Donor” panel. The Conference’s theme was Fit for Fundraising.
As a venue Mac enjoys the beautiful surroundings of Cannon Hill Park. I entered the building and received a cheery greeting at the Welcome Desk.
Giles Pegram CBE, chair of the panel took us to the excellent cafe where the donor panel introduced ourselves and chatted together before the formal proceedings. Giles was an excellent chair, and our Panel was asked to reply to questions whether our charities are approaching our fundraisers in the right ways and how we can do a better job of appealing to our supporters.
- We considered questions including:
- What inspires you to give your time/energy/expertise?
- Why do you chose to support a particular charity?
- What has kept you supporting the charity?
- Does the charity ask too much or the right amount of you?
- Do you feel valued as a supporter?
Giles engaged both the panel and audience. We had much in common, but also differences of opinion. We all have much to think about how we can do a better job of appealing to our supporters and how we can be better supporters!
Thank you IoF for all your hard work in bringing together another inspiring event.